Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Enough already pay him.

So why won't the Yankees pay Mariano Rivera the millions he justly deserves? That was the burning question on the radio talk program I had been listening to while trying to pay four hundred dollars worth of bills with the last of the two hundred dollars I had in my checking account. One caller after another took shots at George Stienbrenner and his General Manager, Brain Cashman, for not paying their star his just due. Just due? For a guy who has made well over ten million dollars over his ten year career, what a bunch of really nice and compassionate fans I thought to myself. I thought why couldn't I be more like them. Then I thought to myself: When was the last time I went to a baseball game at Yankee Stadium? Answer: The last time I was able to afford one and that was well over fifteen years ago. After the tenth caller stated that the Yankees lacked the respect for Rivera he deserved I had had enough and turned off the show feeling sick over the concern these people had for the financial welfare of a man who will never in his life know the word "need". Don't get me wrong all the power to him. But when people, who literally have no pot to piss in feel the need to come to a millionaire's defense, I feel the need to get sick to my stomach and scream at the moon. But now I have this blog and no longer have to embarrass myself the way I use to, I simply blog and will now take this opportunity to state my view of this Yankee dilemma in that blog. Enough already pay him so that all of us "bottom feeders" can go back to paying our bills!!!!!

RICH, (n.)
The savings of many in the hands of one.
Eugene Debs

No comments: