Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Starbucks or a movie? It doesn't matter the torment is the same.

Since when did going to the movies become as hard as buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks? Tonight I decided to treat myself to a movie. The movie I wanted to see had a start time of six thirty. So after getting a quick bite to eat I ventured over to the local town movie theater and was pleased to see that there were only two women, and they were together, on line to purchase tickets ahead of me. This, however, is were the fun begins. The two ladies in front of me held their position on that line for well over twenty-two minutes while trying to decide whether or not they needed to sit in "stadium seats" or those "regular seats". Apparently to sit in a "stadium seat" a person must part with a lot more dollars,ten, to be exact because not only would they see a movie but they would not have to get up during the feature to buy snacks or drinks that would be brought to them by their servers. Twenty-two minutes I stood there listening to these two debate the advantages and disadvantages of "stadium seating" as opposed to the "cheaper seats". By the time they decided to pay for the luxury of not having to miss a moment of the picture the line was out the door and the popcorn was almost all gone and the picture had already started. So with out any popcorn i made my way to my cheap seat only, as it turned out, to see that they too were seeing the same movie as I and as it turned out the money they spent only got them two rows closer then me. The only draw back was that they had their popcorn and I had to watch them eat it. After the movie was over and as i was walking out i heard those words which makes every coffee lover tremble:"Will that be a house blend,bold, soft note, frappuccino?, venti?, grande?, and should we leave room for milk? I looked over and it hit me, no wonder buying a ticket for a movie has become so complicated the theater has a Starbucks!

No comments: